Thursday, December 2, 2010

Wonderland...and wonder what?

Just a few quick photos of the Christmas decor coming along in my dining room.  Having small children, I find it fun to create a winter wonderland somewhere for their eyes to take in.  It's a magical season after all.  Here's our cabinet bedecked with sparkles and Christmas carols:







And here's an old door I found in the basement of our 1939 home.  It's a mystery where it originated, but now I've painted it for displaying upon.  Don't you love mysterious discoveries from your home's past?


4 comments:

Unknown said...

a beautiful post susan. your holiday decorating is coming along just wonderfully! I too live in an old home...it was built in 1904. I found some amazing things in the attic as well as the garage. i love homes that have "a past." J'adore your old door...so Jeanne D'arc!

Unknown said...

...sooooooo lovely!!! I adore all the details from the vintage music sheets to the freshly fallen snow!!
it is truely wonderland like!!
xo, Rosemary

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I love everything you've put together and how you've used the sheet music in the back!! Can't wait to see more!

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Wow! That is indeed a magical wonderland. Nice job.

Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...