Monday, September 17, 2012

'Fall'-ing in Line

As we turn the corner to the next season, I've been enjoying adding touches of fall to our living room.  The summer sea-shells have been replaced with fall textures to warm up the room.

I started with my favorite arched window here in the corner and added vintage sheet music behind.  The sheets are hung on twine with rusty old clips I found on eBay.



The 'Ave Maria' sheet music compliments our Blessed Mother figure:


The aged coloring on this sheet music is just beautiful:

We're keeping the antique daybed in here for a little longer, but it won't fit with a big ol' Christmas tree in a few months...

It's still a comfy place to sit a spell, especially with some autumn reading:



 

The fall mantel (for now - I know I'll keep tweaking it)...

More sheet music and texture...



In the entryway, I've added some brown and green to this shelf and urn.  The look is quite a departure from my favorite whites, but I think it's a good change for the fall:





I'll be sharing this mini-tour of our fall living room with White Wednesday this week (since there's still plenty of white in here!). 

24 comments:

It's me said...

Beautiful pictures !!!...lovely week..i really like you styling !!...♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

It looks absolutely beautiful Susan!!
I love your arched window.
Hope you have a lovely week.
Sincerely,
Melinda

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Everything looks so pretty--you have a wonderful sense of style.

Anne said...

What a beautiful vignette!
xx
Anne

Amy Kinser said...

Everything is just beautiful!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Lovely tranquil place to sit and read.

Heaven's Walk said...

Susan - I just love the idea of placing that daybed in the center of the room. :) So cool! Your photos are always amazing and serene, and your fall decor so pretty! :)

xoox laurie

Carole said...

I for one am so happy Fall is here. A reason to change things up is just the icing on the cake.
everything looks great.

x
Carole

Victoria said...

Everything is exquisite Susan! I love the little touches of Fall you've added to your home:) Loving your old books too!!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so beautiful Susan ~ you've given me some pin ops!!

Sandi said...

Beautiful photos Susan! Well, the five I was able to view anyways, but I am sure all of them are. Slow internet anyways...ha!! Happy FALL!!
Blessings~

Deb said...

I love all your vignettes Susan! Beautiful ♥
I have an old chippy window like yours & use it as a fire screen in the Spring/Summer filling the open fireplace with tall pillar candles. The candle light looks so pretty coming through the window panes.

Unknown said...

love your touches of l'automne everywhere mon amie. i am going to miss seeing that beautiful daybed once you put it away for the season. it is such an inviting place to relax and read. will email soon about Pettengill plans.

chateau chic said...

SO Lovely, Susan! I really like your shelf in the entryway with the pop of green. Just enough.
Mary Alice

Rebecca Nelson said...

Total LOVE! Perfectly wonderful! I'm in awe of your Sheet Music. It makes my heart sing!

Visiting from WW!

Rebecca

vikki said...

Everything is so lovely. So serene. Love it all. Did you find the white books like that or did you white wash them? I am thinking that would be a cool thing to do to some old books.

vikki said...

Forgot to add, I am your newest follower, found you on Faded Charm.

awal.ny said...

The room looks so inviting and relaxing. The window looks darling and I love the day bed.

Faded Charm said...

Beautiful whites to welcome Fall!

xoxo
Kathleen

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

That last photo is so pretty with the brown pine cones against your white room!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely lovely pictures!!
Take care...

Titti

Donna said...

I love your window with the sheet music, Susan! And your mantle is so pretty. The framed vintage wall paper in your previous post is just gorgeous! What a terrific idea:)

Unknown said...

My goodness, it's all so very beautiful!!!!!!!! WOW, really pretty Susan!

xo

:) T

Madranna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...