Thursday, December 13, 2012

St. Lucia Blog Procession - Tilda's Christmas World

Today is St. Lucia day!  St. Lucia is traditionally celebrated with a young woman wearing white, bearing lights and sweets.  I am so happy to be participating in my friend Heather's "St. Lucia Blog Procession", where folks are posting about St. Lucia and/or a Scandinavian/Norwegian Christmas theme.
Be sure to visit Heather's blog to learn more and for the whole procession - she is a sweetheart!

I've decided to focus my post on my favorite craft author, Tone Finnanger from Norway, who creates the Tilda's World line.  Ms. Finnanger designs delightful patterns for angel dolls, Christmas dolls, adorable animals and play toys.  The cottage style prints in her fabric line are so crisp and festive!

I've used patterns from the "Tilda's Winter Ideas" book to create these angel dolls, resting on a Tilda's World wire tree:

I decided to give these dolls crocheted braids for hair, and I do think they resemble St. Lucia a bit!


Here is a page from my Tilda's Winter Ideas book, showcasing the angels:


They cheer up our dining room:


The kitchen got some Scandinavian touches with red and white.  Tilda's World Advent calendar boxes and a Santa Girl I made brighten up the ladder:

The Santa Girl was sewn with Tilda's World fabric:

Here is her page in my Winter Ideas book.  She looked so cute next to the coffee cup & treats - I simply had to make her!

This basket holds embroidered sachets and Heather's God Jul postcard with St. Lucia:

Cute Scandinavian-looking skates I got at Target a while ago:

More Tilda's World fabric covers a jar of marshmallows at our Hot Cocoa corner:

Hope you enjoyed this peek into Tilda's Christmas World in my world.  I can't wait to see all the St. Lucia day posts over at Heather's.  Grab some coffee and Kringles, and head over!

17 comments:

Heather said...

Oh! Your dolls are SOO cute! I put that very book in our amazon cart and told my husband he could finish up the Christmas shopping, haha!
I just love how the Scandinavian style goes with all the white you use to decorate. It's so simple and festive. And your dolls are just so sweet, love the fabric you used! Thanks so much for taking part!

Victoria said...

Oh Susan, those little dolls are adoooorable! Truly some of the cutest things ever! You're so talented!!! They look precious hanging from your little tree!

Danzel @Silver Shoes and Rabbit Holes said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love the Tilda books, too, but I don't sew. (Yet. I have a great machine, but haven't taken the time to learn it.) I love your sparkly winter look! Nice to meet you through Heather's blog procession!

WendyLady@GoodBooks said...

Your things are all so wintery and beautiful. I love all the different fabrics for your doll skirts. And what a unique idea to have Advent Calendar boxes! God Jul!

Robin Johnson said...

Oh how sweet! You did an amazing job.

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

I just love looking at all of the Christmas eye candy out there in Blogland and your blog is so exception. Your home and decor is divine. Thank you for sharing about St. Lucia. I learn something new every day! xo

Holly Hall said...

Wow! Everything is so beautiful. Love the angels and your beautiful white decorating scheme. The pops of red against all the white are really striking. Nice to meet you today!

white.sheep said...

oh,everything is so beautiful!God Jul!

Vintage Market Place said...

so wonderful Susan.
I am in awe and a bit jealous of how you have time to sit and make these lovely dolls.
I wish for more time to make these little cuties.
Her books do inspire me so but I haven't the time to sit and focus on patterns, cutting and placing.
This is why all my crafting is made up and no patterns exist, lol
Oh I just love them.
Amy

Mema Sifa said...

Oh I love your blog! So chic and clean and Christmassy. Also like Tilda's angels and fabrics. I'll have to get me some of those.

Anonymous said...

I too like Tilda, I have many of her books how did I miss this one? Headed to amazon next! I really like the wire tree!! Your home decor is just beautiful.

Martha said...

How pretty! well-done on your sewing - the tilda Lucias are cute and so angelic. Good choice for the Nordic theme too. I've got some T. Finannger books but I'm still plucking up my courage to start sewing them.
Love the wire tree, so original!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love this sweet post Susan!
Your dolls are so, so beautiful and I love the red and white in the kitchen! Wish I could pop over for some hot cocoa!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Susan,

It's just amazing to see all the beauty that you create! It's all just lovely!!! Wishing you a most beautiful holiday!!!


Hugs,
Jessie

The Porcelain Rose said...

Susan,
I just wanted to pop over and wish you a very Merry Christmas!
I have a couple of the Tilda's World books, too. I love them.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Nancy Lee said...

Tilda's world is my favourite place too! I made about four little teacup angels before Christmas. I was going to give them as gifts, but they wouldn't leave. I couldn't kick them out into the snow! I love how pretty your angels

Anonymous said...

Hy Susan! I just wanted to say I LOVE your blog. And like you, I'm loved too with Tilda and Tonne Finnanger's ideas. Hugs, Cristina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...